Ok, so this blog is going to be about my thoughts on a couple of different subjects.
The FIRST one being on the fantastic news that the Ferrill's got their L.O.A. and will soon get their little girl. This is wonderful news and an answer to so many people's prayers.
Ok, so now my thoughts on adoption. I can tell I've grown up alot recently. Want to know why? Well of course you do, this is because my attitude toward adoption has changed tremdously. Now, don't get me wrong..I've always been for adoption & have always thought of it a better option than abortion (& not medically required abortions [a different story]). I just NEVER thought that it would be for me. Why should I? Joey & I are together quit fertile & we have NO problems getting pregnant whatsoever (trust me on this one). After TRYING to help my cousin thru a horrible time of trying to conceive & fertility treatments (talking to her, giving support, etc) I suggested adoption (knowing that it wasn't right for me but it was for other people) to her and even encouraged it for about a year maybe even two. She didn't really want to go that route. She wanted a baby that was her & her husband's, but I insisted (double standard...ummm maybe.) That's when God said to me "Why should she adopt when you won't even consider it?" Well that was a big blow. Why would God ask me that? What did He mean? Was I being insensitive towards her needs (probably so) and not really hearing her? So I began to think about how it would be like to be in their shoes. How would I feel? That's when it hit me--I knew!! I knew that just because I thought it was perfect for other people & not me did not mean that at all. My cousin had this need to become a "Mommy" (@ all costs by the way) and she wanted at least one to be HERS & HIS alone. Then I had my own tragedy. My long awaited little girl passed away (more on this in a later blog) and the need to have my own little girl is still here. I know that I can be the BEST mommy to a little girl and I believed that God promised that to me. Especially one that is given up for adoption. That means, most likely, that her Mommy cared enough about her to bring her into this world (Yea for her Mommy) and make sure that she would be found & taken to an agency. It could be exactly why I was put on this earth. Now, I'm not as organized as I would like to be & there is some changes that would have to be made in our lifestyle, but if I'm not able to have my own little girl God could lead me in that very direction~~adoption. If you are thinking about adoption Steven Curtis Chapman has a webpage that can help with some of the processes of the adoption the URL is http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=abt_home
Okay, so there is my thoughts on adoption. Isn't it amazing how God can use other people Christians & non Christians alike to help you see something he wants you to see...AMAZING!!
Ok so I really don't post very often b/c not a lot happens to us during the week (usually is happens on the weekends or during the holiday seasons). This week ATON of stuff has happened. Monday, Joey calls me up & says that his Aunt is sick & is dying in a PA hospital (now I'm not trying to be mean but this blog is still open to everyone & so if you want more info PLEASE e-mail me & I'll give you more). He also says that his Mom is really sick with a URI and our nephew was going to have surgery on Tuesday (he is doing well). Okay so I get the e-mails going to all of our pastoral staff & secetaries so they can put it on the prayer list & people can start praying. As of today I know nothing and I will keep you posted on this subject when I learn new details.
Well Wednesday I get a call from Joey again!! He's in a teary frantic saying that he has just wrecked and probably needs a ride home. I tell him I'll come & get him but it'll be a little while before I can get there. So now his car is in the police lot (Thank you BPD!) and is awaiting the insurance company's instructions on where to tow it to be fixed (or dumped) & for us to find out what we are going to do for another vehicle. There is a blessing (there always is with God, right?) A fellow choir member has allowed us to use one of their unused vehicles until we find another one for Joey (PRAISE THE LORD!!!) This is a blessing because otherwise I'd have to get up like @ 5:20 in the morning and take Joey to work until another car is located. I don't do well with very little sleep, trust me ;).
Speaking of sleep this blog is now VERY long (probably the longest I've ever written) and I need some. Friday is tomorrow & I do have one child to get to the bus stop for school (homeschooling is looking better & better). So I'm gone now. If ANYTHING happens this weekend I'll let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Just wanted to say Hi... Aunt Sandy
That's awesome! I'm praying that God's plan for expanding your family would unfold soon!
I have ALWAYS been about adoption. I go back and read some of the things I wrote in high school--I never wanted to get married, I just wanted to adopt a bunch of kids. I always thought that would be neat.
I still think about it and, Lord willing, one day I might. I cannot seem to get Jeff on board. How'd you convince Joseph? Jeff's excuse is "we can't afford it" blah blah blah. Well, I know that! I don't mean let's go get one tomorrow! But no one can ever afford it. If we all waited until we could afford kids, no one would ever have any! I just want him to agree that one day we might.
Praise the Lord on the vehicle and that Joseph wasn't hurt in the wreck! God is there, even in the small things!
Post a Comment