Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Beginning of the Give away

Introducing Our New Family Member!!

I would like to formally introduce you our friends & family to the newest member of our “furry” family. His name is Kipper and he is a 3 month old Lesenji (a Basenji & La Ahopsa) mix.
Lil D is the one that has really welcomed Kipper into our family and he believes that he is his very own “rag-dog”. He loves to carry Kipper around, this dog is about as tall has Lil D, and love on him. Lil D even, for the first 2 weeks of Kipper living with us, slept with Kipper (in Joey & my bed of course) so now that we have gotten crates for him (Kipper not Lil D) he is very upset the puppy can’t sleep with him now.
*Uploaded from my phone* Lil D and Kipper the first day we got him :)

Kipper is now being “potty trained” and isn’t doing so well. Now don’t get me wrong, I love this dog, but I get awfully tired of me taking him out & them coming in and him running around like a crazy dog then squatting to take a poo or pee! UGH!! Can you feel my grief here? (We also found out that I have had strep throat so that could account for my irritability!)
Well we love our new crazy um; wonderful puppy and I wouldn’t trade him for anything except maybe someone to train him!
So how do you get a dog housebroken & to potty OUTSIDE?!!?

3 comments:

geauxcory said...

Dogs are like kids. Some are easy to potty train and some are just stubborn! Our first dog Saban was pretty much potty trained the first day. We showed him the door and said potty and few times. From then on, if he had to potty, he went to the door. Our second dog, on the other hand, was a completely different story. We beat him when he used the bathroom in the house and we praised him and gave him treats when he went outside. He took his precious little time deciding when he would house break himself. The good news is he did eventually.

Joscelyn said...

That is good news that he finally potty trained. Kipper will too, just not in MY time frame I'm afraid. Maybe this is the LORD showing me to be more patient even if I don't have time?

Unknown said...

OMG KIPPER IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Training is easy-peasy, pally. Make a HUGE deal of it when you take him outside and he does his thing. Praise, praise, praise. When you get the hang of it, it's actually a pretty fun process. Mr. Mean took almost a YEAR to go outside dependably, but Angus only took 2 months. I guess you say that it was ME who needed the training. :)

Also, OMG KIPPER IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!