Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Speed Trucker"

Ok so you know about the cartoon T.V. show named “Speed Racer”, and not the new one the older version. I want to tell you about a story about Mr. Speed Trucker. Enjoy. Last week while I was on my way to pick up Lil D, on my way home from school, I got behind several slow cars in the “fast” lane …you know that lane where you can go faster or pass someone going slower. Well I got behind this truck and after a while it became apparent that the truck was NOT the slowest car there. There were MANY vehicles in front of me that were going slow in the “fast” lane. The truck driver tried to move over once so I could go ahead but he noticed that the car that was in that lane was going slower & he didn’t want to slow down & well quite honestly I don’t blame him. After the slower traffic was gone that little err big truck booked it. He was empty & wanted to get going. I learned a few things working at R & L Carriers..a.> truck drivers are cool & they are like any other Dad or Big Bro and b.> truck drivers don’t like to slow down when they are going good.
So here is “Speed Trucker”! Go “Speed Trucker” GO!!

How often has this happened to you? Do you have any friends that are truckers? I do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As you know, driving beside, behind, or in front of big trucks makes me very, very nervous--I always assume that life will suddenly imitate Maximum Overdrive, and I will be horribly, horribly squashed.

But maybe I will think of this post next time I am driving alongside a big truck, and feel better. :)